- Algemeen verpleegkundige
- Heel Nederland
- Cork, Ireland
- Niet nader bepaald
- Niet nader bepaald
Our client is a successful manufacturing and service group at the forefront of orthotic and prosthetic technology, with a name for excellence, innovation, quality and service.
We are looking for an experienced Prosthetist, for a senior position in Ireland. It is possible to expand this position with management tasks (see below):
- To assess clients / patients in conjunction with Physiotherapists, NHS Consultants, Doctors and other members of the interdisciplinary team as appropriate;
- To provide treatment based on best practice;
- To ensure that that users provide sufficient information so that their understanding and expectations are targeted to gain the maximum benefit from their treatments;
- To ensure prostheses issued to patients are fitting and functioning satisfactorily and provided in a timely manner;
- To liaise with the Workshop Manager / DQA to address identified quality problems and assist in providing effective solutions, thus minimizing unnecessary wastage;
- To advance the delivery of the prosthetic service by embracing evidence based medicine and the result of Clinical audit in line with the requirements of clinical governance;
- To treat all users with dignity keeping them informed on their prosthetic treatment and the basis for actions/advice;
- Measuring, tracing/casting and fitting prostheses;
- Ensuring adequate identification of all prostheses, casts, suspensions, patterns and patients items etc at all times;
- Completing and processing Measure Charts / Worksheets with relevant details, ensuring accurate limb codes are recorded;
- Using REHAPP correctly record patient details and to process orders / deliveries;
- Ensure episodes of care are carried out in a timely fashion in compliance with the specified times agreed in the contract. This is the clear responsibility of the Prosthetist. Any deviations from these times are appropriately recorded;
- Review on a weekly basis the caseload to ensure that satisfactory progress is being made in providing prostheses/orthoses in compliance to the agreed time frame;
- Provide the manager with information where there are difficulties in achieving satisfaction either in quality of fit or difficulty in achieving the recommended timescales or specified requirements;
- Minimise wastage of NHS or company funding by ensuring that products are ordered correctly. If there is a product that is deemed not to be suitable ensure that the product is not damaged and that the packaging is available in order for a refund to be claimed;
- Ensure that internal communications are kept confidential when appropriate;
- Agree objectives with Manager and report regularly on progress;
- To practice within the code of ethics and guidelines of the HPC;
- To participate in continuing professional development and ensure your CPD portfolio is maintained;
- To participate in clinical audit
It is possible to expand this position with management tasks. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will have overall responsibility for prosthetics in Ireland. Key duties will include:
- Effectively manage the relationship with Key customer groups;
- Take clinical responsibility for the delivery of prosthetic services;
- Develop and support an experienced and enthusiastic clinical team;
- Take responsibility for clinical governance issues and communicate these across the organisation.
Please send your applications to Maarten de Haan, Senior Consultant email@example.com
- 4+ years experience as a prosthetist;
- Internationally recognised qualifications;
- Teaching experience would be valuable.
Dependent on experience.
A successful manufacturing and service group at the forefront of orthotic and prosthetic technology. With a name for excellence, innovation, quality and service, the company is a recognised leader dedicated to the development of major advances whilst maintaining the traditional skills and caring approach.
Strategic partner of the National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) and provides services to the HSE offering prosthetic clinical expertise and technical support utilising the most sophisticated hardware and the best cosmetic finishes available.